Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bienvenidos!!

We started this blog to share and commiserate our journey to the country music marathon and half marathon! We are 3 sisters who need a challenge and to get in shape (well, I need those things and decided to drag Beth and Mollie with me!)

Tonight, I called around to check on gyms available to run in. It is cold and snowy here in TN and I didn't feel the desire to fun outside. I HAD to run tonight! Time is wasting away and the marathon will be here before we know it and I won't be prepared. Anywho, after one frustrating and weird phone call to 24hour Fitness, I just decided to lace up the ol' tennis shoes and go for the gold outside. It really wan't even that cold, so I can't complain. To show you what a BEGINNER runner I am, I am proud to say I made it to the end of the street without walking!!! And I didn't trun around and go home like I usually do. I turned left and ran down the street two blocks. I only walked a little and when I wanted to walk, either out of boredom or pain, I really thought about why I wanted to walk and went through my body parts to see if there was anything in SO much pain that I had to stop. There wasn't! that thought alone rejuvenated my spirit and kept me going. I was SO proud of myself. I know I am a nerd. But one other thought that kept me going was crossing the finish line of the half. I think it will be amazing. Just like giving birth to a baby, so much pain but the finish is amazing. I think that if I can give birth twice, without epidurals, I can run. So, this feeling of exhilaration will get me out of bed tomorrow morning to go again, and again and again!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to keep motivated. I feel like boredom is totally a factor when running. UGH!! Walking is okay too. Don't beat yourself up for walking. We aren't trying to win this thing. If we finish I think we should be proud. At least that is what I tell myself. :)

    ReplyDelete